Reminder about the "Get Anchored" Dinner
by Tom Goodman
April 6, 2015
Here's a last-minute reminder for you... and for you to pass along to others. The "Get Anchored" Dinner is this Wednesday, April 8, 6:30-8:00pm. An RSVP is not required, but it is strongly encouraged.
The dinner is designed to introduce you to the Anchor Course, an eight-week experience for seekers to discover the meaning of Christianity and for believers to develop their understanding of the faith.
- What do Christians believe about God and his relationship to us?
- Why is the Bible so important to believers?
- Who is Jesus?
- What was his vision for the church, and why are Christians so imperfect at fulfilling it?
- What about heaven and hell?
- And why does the cross stand as the most recognizable symbol of the Christian faith?
Firm answers to these vital questions will anchor your life. The Anchor Course is ideal for you if . . .
- you're a spiritual seeker who wants to learn more about the life and teaching of Jesus, but you don't know where to start, or
- you've become curious about the Christian convictions of your friends, or
- you're married to a believer, and you want to learn more about your partner's Christian faith, or
- you're a parent who's wondered how to explain Christianity to your kids, or
- you're a believer who wants a better grasp of the main points of your faith.
Through the Anchor Course, you will build friendships around a weekly meal, and build faith around a weekly discussion.
To learn more, come to my "Get Anchored" Dinner this Wednesday, April 8, 6:30-8:00pm. By attending the dinner, you're under no obligation to sign up for the Anchor Course. You'll enjoy a good meal and learn more about the course.
Should you decide to register for the course, we'll meet eight weeks for dinner and discussion starting Wednesday, April 15. Childcare and youth activities take place at the same time.
As I said, to attend the "Get Anchored" Dinner, an RSVP is not required, but it is encouraged. Contact my assistant, Lisa (512-345-3771 or email).
Learn more about the course at Hillcrest.Church/AnchorCourse.