Reminder about the "Get Anchored" Dinner
by Tom Goodman
April 7, 2010
Here's a last-minute reminder for you... and for you to pass along to others. The "Get Anchored" Dinner is today, Wednesday, April 7, 6:30-8:00pm. An RSVP is not required, but it is strongly encouraged.
The Dinner is designed to introduce you to the Anchor Course, an eight-week experience for spiritual seekers to discover the meaning of Christianity and for believers to develop their understanding of the faith.
What do Christians believe about God and his relationship to us? Why is the Bible so important to believers? Who is Jesus? What was his vision for the church, and how must believers make that vision a reality? What about heaven and hell? And why does
the cross stand as the most recognizable symbol of the Christian faith?
Firm answers to these vital questions will anchor your life. The Anchor Course is ideal for you if...
- you're a spiritual seeker who wants to learn more about the life and teaching of Jesus but you don't know where to start, or
- you've become curious about the Christian convictions of your friends, or
- you're married to a believer and you want to learn more about your partner's Christian faith, or
- you're a parent who's wondered how to explain Christianity to your kids, or
- you're a believer who wants a better grasp of the main points of your faith.
Through the Anchor Course, you will build friendships around a weekly meal, and build faith around a weekly discussion.
To learn more, come to my "Get Anchored" Dinner this Wednesday, September 16, 6:30-8:00pm. By attending the dinner, you're under no obligation to sign up for the Anchor Course. You'll enjoy a good meal and learn more about the course. Should you
decide to register for the course, we'll meet eight weeks for dinner and discussion starting Wednesday, September 23, 6:30-8:00pm. Your children can join you for the meal and then go to childcare and youth activities, which take place at the same
As I said, to attend the "Get Anchored" Dinner, an RSVP is not required, but it is encouraged. Contact my assistant, Jami (345-3771 or email@example.com).
Here are some links to help you learn more about this study:
- Go to the Anchor Course website here.
- Read a book excerpt here.
I hope to see you tonight!