The Top 10 Ways To Make Summer Worship Great
by Tom Goodman
June 6, 2012
We're holding our 10 a.m. Sunday worship service in the gym for the next three months while our auditorium is being renovated. Here are 10 ways to make it a great experience:
- Leave the "Guest Parking" spaces open for guests. This will make it easier for people who are not familiar with our facility to find their way in.
- When you enter the gym move to the left and forward. This will free up space in the back for latecomers.
- Use the Emergency Exit doors for emergency exits only. Our new AC unit will keep things cool this summer, but you can help by keeping our exit doors closed.
- Use both ends of the movable wall when the service is over. We will have only one end of the movable wall open before and during the service. However, at the end of the service, both ends will be open. If you don't need to go into the Adult
Wing, use the left-side opening in the movable wall.
- Use this time to get to know each other! Since everyone is having to find their new "spot" in the new setting, you have a chance to acquaint yourself with some members you haven't met before.
- Pay special attention to unfamiliar faces. The summertime is often prime time for new residents looking for a church home. Introduce visitors to others, especially people their own age. Also, escort them to the Welcome Booth after the service
where our Greeter Team has a gift bag waiting for them.
- Join the Greeter Team! We need a lot more doors and intersections covered because of our temporary location. Contact my assistant, Jami, for more information (email or call 345-3771).
- Invite absentees to reconnect. Who's missing from your small-group roll? Forward them the link to this YouTube video of our move-out day and invite them to check out what's new: www.youtu.be/cygv8tFhQ0Q.
- Visit Pam Barry to see the new auditorium design. She'll have a display set up near the kitchen for several Sundays.
- Pray! Pray for the continued financial support of our project and our ongoing budget. Pray for patience and flexibility. Pray for lives to be changed in every service!
Help us make this a memorable summer for the Hillcrest Family!
Beacon Articles Available Online: The staff newsletters that appear each week in the Beacon are also available on our website. You can find them here.
Check out my weblog here.
Do you know friends who would appreciate Winning Ways? Just forward this e-mail to them!
Have you subscribed to Winning Ways? You can subscribe by clicking here and following the instructions. Your e-mail address will not be sold or given away to anyone, and you can
automatically change your subscription or drop it by following the easy steps provided with each e-mail.
FRESH NEWS AT HILLCREST UPDATED WEEKLY: www.hillcrestaustin.org
LISTEN TO RECENT SERMONS: Click here.
MANAGE YOUR SUBSCRIPTIONS TO OUR EMAIL NEWSLETTERS: Click here. If you do not have access to the web, please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us of any changes you would like to make.