Get Anchored Sunday Mornings!
by Tom Goodman
October 21, 2011
We all operate out of a set of assumptions about the way the world is. Assumptions such as:
"If I do good things, then good things will happen to me."
"The only person you can count on is yourself."
"Life is a dressing room for eternity."
"God likes me."
"God hates me."
We make our decisions and respond to circumstances out of the suppositions we hold. And maybe its time you examined the beliefs that drive you.
That's where the Anchor Course can help. It begins this Sunday.
The Anchor Course is a 9-week course designed for seekers who want to discover the Christian faith and for believers who want to develop in their faith. The study is ideal if...
- you're a spiritual seeker who wants to learn more about the life and teaching of Jesus, but you don't know where to start; or
- you've become curious about the Christian convictions of your friends; or
- you're married to a believer, and you want to learn more about your partner's Christian faith; or
- you're a parent who's wondered how to explain Christianity to your kids; or
- you're a believer who wants a better grasp of the main points of your faith.
The Anchor Course is a place to build friendships and faith around a weekly discussion.
We'll offer it on Sunday mornings starting this Sunday, October 23. On that day, join me for a one-hour introduction after the 10 a.m. worship service.
By coming to the one-hour introduction, you're under no obligation to sign up for the full study. But if you decide to register, you'll receive a copy of my book, The Anchor Course: Exploring Christianity Together. We'll
then meet the next eight weeks for coffee and discussion. The class meets at the same time as our small group ministry, so your family can participate in our children's and youth programs while you're with me.
There is no cost for course, but we need your registration. Contact my assistant, Jami (345-3771 or by email).
Spread the word about this Sunday morning opportunity! It's easy to invite someone. Just forward this e-mail to them!