My Zambia Mission Trip Report... And What You Can Do
by Tom Goodman
August 3, 2009
Thanks to all who prayed and sent encouraging notes during my recent 5-week mission trip to Zambia. I will bring a report at our midweek service this Wednesday, August 5, from 6:30 to 7:30pm.
I want this to be much more than just a slide presentation of a summer trip. I want to suggest some things you can do personally and our church can do together to partner with Zambian Baptists for the sake of the gospel.
To that end, I'm going to introduce you to:
- Students we can sponsor.
- For $1200 a year, our church (or your family) can send a man to our Baptist seminary to prepare him for a life of pastoral leadership.
- Bible schools we can support.
- Three times a year IMB missionaries and Zambian Baptist leaders organize week-long Bible schools for pastors and church leaders at points all around Zambia. I want to take some of our best trained, most experienced
leaders from Hillcrest to teach at these schools next year. Let's make it easier for them to pay for this trip.
- A care-giving ministry we can serve.
- I was introduced to Baptist Global Response during my trip, and they have specific projects that will help us serve AIDS-ravaged families.
- Orphans we can encourage.
- The Twin Palm Baptist Church that meets on the Lusaka seminary campus opens its doors to a nearby orphanage every Sunday. The children of our Hillcrest Kids ministry could be pen pals to the children of this
As you can see, this is more than a report on what I have done. It's a report on what you can do! I hope you'll join me this Wednesday, August 5, at 6:30pm. We will meet in A-164 in the Adult Wing.